USA Today Sports first reported the proposal being sent.The proposal changed hands before All-Star weekend and long before Duke star Zion Williamson, quite possibly the No. 1 pick in this year’s draft, got hurt Wednesday night. Williamson was diagnosed Thursday with a Grade 1, or minor, sprain of his right knee. Williamson, a freshman, is widely expected to be in the NBA next season and forgo his final three seasons of collegiate eligibility.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSUrgent reply from Philippine football chiefSPORTSPalace wants Cayetano’s PHISGOC Foundation probed over corruption chargesNeither the league nor the players’ union has hidden the fact that both sides want the current system changed. NBA Commissioner Adam Silver said last July that it was time to revert back to the policy that will allow players to go into the league right out of high school, something that will have to be collectively bargained with the players.The NBPA has had previous talks with the NBA on the idea, which is likely to be in place by the 2022 draft. View comments “I think it’s a good idea,” Boston’s Jayson Tatum, who went to the NBA after one season at Duke, said at All-Star weekend. “If you’re good enough to come out of high school, I feel like you should be able to. But I don’t make those decisions.”Golden State’s DeMarcus Cousins, who played at Kentucky, told reporters Thursday that knowing what he knows now makes him question why players need to play college basketball — especially if they’re NBA-ready.“I don’t understand the point of it,” Cousins said about the ‘one-and-done’ rule. “What’s the difference between 18 and 19 and 17 and 18? You’re immature, you’re young, you’re ignorant to life in general. So what’s really the difference? You’ve still got a lot of growing to do as a man.”The one-and-done rule has been in place since the 2006 draft. Silver, who was once a proponent of raising the draft minimum age to 20 before changing his mind, said last year that he believes the league and the players “can create a better system.” The G League also introduceda plan last year to begin offering “select contracts” worth $125,000 to elite prospects who are not yet eligible for the NBA.ADVERTISEMENT Private companies step in to help SEA Games hosting PDEA chief backs Robredo in revealing ‘discoveries’ on drug war Oil plant explodes in Pampanga town Urgent reply from Philippine football chief US judge bars Trump’s health insurance rule for immigrants ‘We are too hospitable,’ says Sotto amid SEA Games woes Grace Poe files bill to protect govt teachers from malicious accusations Team USA wrapping up World Cup qualifying PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games PLAY LIST 02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games02:11Trump awards medals to Jon Voight, Alison Krauss FILE – In this Feb. 16, 2019, file photo, NBA Commissioner Adam Silver speaks during NBA All-Star festivities in Charlotte, N.C. (AP Photo/Gerry Broome, File)MIAMI, Florida—The NBA and its players are continuing to move forward on plans to eliminate the “one-and-done” rule in college basketball, something that the sides have been working toward for months.The league has sent a proposal to the National Basketball Players Association on lowering the minimum age for entering the NBA draft from 19 to 18, and the union discussed the contents at a meeting in the Bahamas earlier this week, a person with knowledge of the matter told The Associated Press on Thursday. The person spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because neither side released the proposal publicly.ADVERTISEMENT Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next LATEST STORIES MOST READ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. SEA Games hosting troubles anger Duterte
About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Real Madrid ace Modric blasts Messi, Ronaldo for Ballon d’Or snubby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveReal Madrid ace Luka Modric has hit out at Leo Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.Barcelona star Messi and Juventus striker Ronaldo refused to attend Modric’s Ballon d’Or ceremony in Paris earlier this month.Asked about the snub, Modric told Sportske Novosti, “I do not know why they did not come. It’s their choice, is it logical? “Obviously, these trophies only matter if they win them. It’s not fair to other players, for those who have voted for them for the last ten years, or for football and fans. “But everyone is free to act as he wishes.”
FAYETTEVILLE, AK – JANUARY 29: Fans of the Arkansas Razorbacks chant during the second half against the Kentucky Wildcats on January 29, 2005 at Bud Walton Arena in Fayetteville, Arkasas. Kentucky defeated Arkansas 68-67. (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)Arkansas’ three-game losing streak is taking its toll on the fan base, even the younger generations.This week, this video surfaced of a young, crying Arkansas fan saying he never wants to go to another game because “the Razorbacks always lose.”Cheer up, kid. There’s always next week.
Sead Kolasinac has revealed how Arsenal players supported him after his gaffe handed Jesse Lingard a goal in their 2-2 draw at United on Wednesday.Arsenal had just taken the lead through a Marcos Rojo own goal, but one minute, an error by Kolasinac gifted United an equalizer.After the game, Unai Emery praised Kolasinac for his overall performance to lift his spirit as he looked miserable.“It’s a good feeling coming into the dressing room like that,” Kolasinac told Sky Sports.Liverpool legend Nicol slams Harry Maguire’s Man United form Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Steve Nicol believes Harry Maguire has made some “horrendous mistakes” recently, and has failed to find his best form since joining Manchester United.“Especially after knowing you’ve made a mistake and that mistake has potentially cost us two points. It made me feel better.“The manager told me in no uncertain terms not to get too down about it, and that did help me. Everyone in the team too, it wasn’t just the coaching staff.“All the players came over and they consoled me and told me not to get too down about it, and it gives you belief and confidence. You notice then we’re a tight-knit team and I think it’s a positive.”
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#Belgium, December 8, 2017 – Brussels – The Turks and Caicos Islands Government believes in climate change and that position was again reiterated when the TCI’s Minister of Infrastructure, Housing and Planning represented the country in Brussels, Belgium at the Energy Ministers Summit on behalf of Premier Sharlene Robinson. Minister Goldray Ewing brought a firm address capturing both the perspective that green house gases and increasing dependence on fossil fuels is altering the world we knew and must be curtailed.Ewing, who shared his remarks and the experience with Magnetic Media while still in Brussels told the delegates that while smaller countries are leaving less of a footprint, we are the most vulnerable and must therefore be among the actors in the striving for changes to come.“You will agree, that our presence here today is indicative of our commitment to explore, access and implement sustainable energy action that has the potential to transform and reform our energy sector, and more so, our economies toward a greater independence from fossil fuels.”Premier Robinson, chair of the Overseas Countries and Territories Association was attending several other regional and international meetings herself, and Minister Ewing on her behalf conveyed that the Turks and Caicos knows first-hand and full well that global warming has real, expensive and potentially deadly implications after our match ups with the 180+ mile per hour winds of super typhoon Irma and Hurricane Maria.“We must remain committed, especially during this period of restoration to rebuild, with a goal of climate adaptation and mitigation at the forefront of our minds, thereby ensuring the long term sustainability and resiliency of our islands.”Minister Ewing reported that the temperature was 6° as the third Energy Ministers’ Summit convened; he delivered the opening address.#MagneticMediaNews#EnergyMinistersmeeting Related Items:
Story Links The University of Louisville men’s tennis team has jumped seven spots to No. 37 in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association team rankings released on February 26.”We are moving the right direction,” said UofL head coach Rex Ecarma. “We moved up five spots nationally last week to No. 44 and seven spots this week to No. 37. I think we have been rewarded for our tough non-conference schedule and getting keys wins like Dartmouth, William and Mary, Georgia State and Purdue. I believe the only way you can prepare for the brutal ACC season is to schedule ambitiously like this. This special freshman class has mostly led the way up to this point, but I will rely on our seniors to navigate us during the ACC season.”The Cardinals (11-3, 1-1 ACC) are currently on a five-match win streak entering this weekend when they play host to No. 41 Northwestern Sunday at 12 p.m. at the Bass-Rudd Tennis Center.Louisville is led in singles by freshman David Mizrahi, who carries a 17-11 overall record and is 8-2 in dual matches playing mostly at No. 6. Seniors George Hedley and Brandon Lancaster have combined for a team-best 12-4 doubles record and are 6-2 in dual matches. Print Friendly Version